What if there is a problem with my order?
If there’s a problem with your order, the first thing to do is call your Sales Engineer. He or she will take care of you, no matter what. The only policy we have is we’ll do whatever it takes to fix the problem and make you happy.
What if I receive a defective product?
If you believe you’ve received a defective product, contact our support team at our live chat or email address, and speak with a Tech Support specialist. Or you can simply complete our online support request form, and we’ll respond quickly with assistance or provide you with a return authorization (RA) number. If we determine the unit failed under warranty within 30 days of purchase, we will cover shipping costs within the US to replace the unit for you. For items purchased marked as “used” that malfunction or fail and that haven’t been abused or misused, you may return these items within 90 days of purchase for a refund of the purchase price or an in-house credit minus the cost of shipping.
“No Hassle” Return Policy:
We want you to be completely happy with your purchase. If you are not satisfied with any new product, for any reason, you may return it for a refund of the purchase price or an in-house credit, or you may exchange for another product within a fair amount of time from the shipping date (usually 30 days). If your purchase was eligible for free shipping, the shipping cost will be deducted from your credit or refund.
90-day Used Gear Guarantee:
For items purchased that were marked as “used” that malfunction or fail, they may be returned within 90 days of purchase only if they malfunction or fail and haven’t been abused or misused. Used items may be returned for a refund of the purchase price or an in-house credit minus the cost of shipping. Customer will be responsible for paying all shipping charges (to and from Guitar’s Express) on returned used items.
How to Make a Return:
We’re sorry your purchase didn’t work out for you. To make a return, please first call your Guitar’s Express Sales Engineer to arrange for an RA (Return Authorization) number. Next, to ensure your exchange or credit is processed as quickly as possible and to help you avoid a return adjustment, please follow the below checklist:
- If you have redeemed a manufacturer rebate or promotion, your return will be subject to a restocking fee.
- Please write the RA number on the shipping label and NOT on the product box itself.
- Items must be returned in the condition they were received, including all accessories, documentation, and packaging materials.
- If your package was originally shipped double-boxed, please return the unit(s) double-boxed.
- The product should be packed in the original product box with the UPC codes intact.
- When repacking the product box, avoid using duct tape or other adhesives that can leave a residue.
- Please use a shipping method that is trackable, such as FedEx or UPS.
- Remember that if your order was shipped for free under our free shipping promo, the cost of outbound shipping will be deducted from your return credit.
- We recommend that you insure your package when shipping back to us when purchasing your own shipping labels. Sometimes things get damaged en route, and if that happens, we want you to be covered.
Once we’ve received your return, we’ll process it as quickly as possible, but it can take 2-3 business days for the credit to be applied by the issuer of the credit card. Feel free to reach out to your Sales Engineer directly with any questions or concerns.
While we maintain the most liberal return policy in the industry, there are certain items that cannot be returned for very specific reasons. These items include:
- Special orders
- Oversize or overweight items
- Discontinued products, closeouts, and used products
- Personal items (earphones, harmonicas, recorders)
- There is a $10 sanitization fee for all returned woodwind and brass instruments. For mouthpieces, there is a $5 sanitization fee for mouthpieces under $299 and a $10 sanitization fee for mouthpieces over $299.
- Authorization keys
- Turntable cartridges
- Control vinyl
- Open-box reeds